Hybrid Classes
Moderator(s): Sergio A. Guzmán
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/4/2013 at 7:51:05 PM GMT
Hybrid Classes

TOPIC

"How effective do you find online and hybrid classes?
What are the problems?

If you have successfully done this, what are some of the ways to improve completion and mastery of content?"

NOTE:

• To respond on this topic, you must be logged into your AATSP member record.
  • Once you are logged in, click on 'Post Reply' in the upper left hand corner to respond to the topic.

For more information write to: AATSPoffice@aatsp.org

DISCLAIMER: The AATSP invites members to participate in forums which are designed to encourage discussion on the teaching and learning of Spanish and Portuguese as well as Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian culture, literature, and related topics.

The following guidelines help ensure open discussion and a welcoming environment for all users.

• Please keep the language of postings professional and treat all participants with respect.
  • Language that could be construed as discriminatory, threatening, abusive, harassing, or offensive to any individual or group is not allowed.
  • Illegal activity is not permitted in postings.
  • Forums are not to be used for marketing purposes.
  • Summaries of text rather than lengthy postings are encouraged

Please note:

• The AATSP monitors all postings.
  • The AATSP is not responsible for the content of messages.
  • The AATSP reserves the right to delete messages.

Last edited Friday, September 6, 2013
9/9/2013 at 10:32:44 PM GMT
research on hybrids

Hispania journal will publish an article on "First-Year Hybrid Spanish Courses: How Instructors Manage their Time” (author:  C. Godev) in March 2014.  Please watch for this article and more on hybrids in the March issue of Hispania.  -- Sheri Spaine Long, Editor Hispania

4/25/2014 at 5:25:33 PM GMT
This is a very important topic for community college instructors. Many, many colleges offer both hybrid and fully online courses and are under increasing pressure to offer more.

8/7/2014 at 3:53:45 PM GMT
It's about six years that I offer hybrid Spanish courses. So far they are successful, in fact their assessment results reflect the on ground courses ones. However, I request students to be on ground 2 hours per week with an optional third one (that they often take advantage of).
I initially was offering them for 12 weeks instead of 16, but I changed it to 16 for students' request.
At the beginning, I was using the Instituto Cervantes course (AVE) with great success. However, I had to change it because it was breaking the continuity of the textbook we offer our students for Spanish beginner 1 and 2 and intermediate 1. If it weren't for that, I would be probably still using it.

Sign In

Latest News