Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In
Community Search
Calendar

10/19/2020 » 10/24/2020
Second Language Digital Literacies Symposium (L2DL)

10/20/2020 » 10/24/2020
55th Annual Michigan World Language Association Conference (Virtual)

10/22/2020 » 10/24/2020
Spanish Language and Culture Workshop organized by UArizona Department of Spanish & Portuguese

10/22/2020 » 10/23/2020
17th Annual Southeast Coastal Conference on Languages & Literatures (SECCLL)

11/4/2020 » 11/7/2020
La Cosecha 2020

Featured Jobs
9-12 Forum
Moderator(s): Cynthia I. Flax
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Poesía 0 V. Santiago Hola, chicos!   Otra unidad que me trajo muchas satisfacciones durante este tiempo virtual y que seguro me seguirá trayendo el próximo año.  La adapté con un amor y una honestidad muy grandes porque la poesía es una de mis primeras pasiones.    Please, feel free to make a copy: File + Make a Copy and enjoy.  It was a success because we use Google Classroom, but you will find your way around it. HyperDoc La poesía 19-20   Abrazos!
by V. Santiago
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Leccion compartida Jose Andres, Cocinero Heroico 0 E. Nathan-Gamauf ¡Hola estimados colegas! Hice una lección sobre el cocinero español José Andrés que estimo tanto y quería compartirla con Uds. si quieren modificarla; a base de esta lección asicronizada, algunos de mis alumnos han encontrado aún más fuentes auténticas que podrían ser útiles e interesantes incluso para sus estudiantes. Todo lo que leo, veo y escucho de este gran chef me llena de esperanza y buena voluntad, ¡que sea contagioso para Uds, también! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aggH1WHPsV-GOZ1QO5GI6R_75Uw8Xmbo/view?usp=sharing
by E. Nathan-Gamauf
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Leccion compartida "Color esperanza" 0 E. Nathan-Gamauf ¡Buenos días a todos! Quería compartir una de mis últimas lecciones que diseñé sobre la canción "Color esperanza." Que sea útil para los que todavía están dando clases, ¡ánimo!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBDxTZBLYXNNvcp2xiw5cThNhMO1l4Uf/view?usp=sharing
by E. Nathan-Gamauf
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Actividad Resistiré 2020 0 V. Santiago Hola a todos: Organicé esta actividad pensando en la canción Resistiré 2020. Lo hice inspirada en el PDF de "Zambombazo", una excelente página de actividades de español en la que pago membresía. No tengo permiso para compartir públicamente el PDF, pero este es el HyperDoc que yo diseñé. Solo recuerden hacer una copia File + Make a Copy y listo! Un abrazo!   Virma
by V. Santiago
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
New AATSP 9-12 Teachers Facebook page (Unofficial) 1 C. Flax The AATSP 9-12 (Unofficial) page on Facebook explodes with new members! Over 100 members have joined the group sharing all kinds of great ideas and tips. Join today and tell your friends!
by C. Flax
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
YouTube Channel 0 J. Mac Hi Everyone,    I started a YouTube channel about what I'm doing in the classroom with some tutorials as well.    Subscribe to help out a fellow language teacher!!    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AuYdsBIlzMJfn8qhqfHKw   I look forward to hearing your feedback and ideas that you do in your class as well!! 
by J. Mac
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Are students receiving multicultural education in our schools? 2 R. Bell This is wonderful!
by J. Mac
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Help with Classroom Resources for 9-12 teachers! 1 C. Flax I had no idea!
by J. Mac
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Welcome to your 9-12 Forum 1 C. Flax Thanks! I'm excited to be here!
by J. Mac
Saturday, May 16, 2020
#MeQuedoEnCasa week-long lesson plan on Classroom Resources page 0 C. Gauss Hello everyone ~ Hope you all are doing well and have had a somewhat smooth transition to our new reality of virtual learning.  I made a week-long lesson plan at the start of this journey that incorporates the three communicative modes, includes student choice, and connects students to each other's learning.  You can find it on AATSP's 9-12 Classroom Resources page along with a myriad of other resources and activities that our members have created and shared to assist us in the next few weeks.  Please check it out and consider sharing something that you have created!
by C. Gauss
Thursday, April 16, 2020
2020 AATSP Election 0 M. Vasquez Dear Friends and Colleagues, let our voices be heard by nominating qualified candidates for the following positions: President Elect Secondary School (9-12) Representative College/University Representative Portuguese Representative Applications Due by April 1st
by M. Vasquez
Monday, March 2, 2020
Mark your Calendar: First 9-12 Town Hall Meeting in Puerto Rico 0 C. Flax We hope to meet you at our first 9-12 Town Hall Meeting which will take place at the AATSP National Conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico from July 9-12, 2020. Mark your calendars:The 9-12 Town Hall Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, July 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
by C. Flax
Thursday, February 13, 2020
Language Advocacy Day Recap 0 T. Beeman I was in Washington, D.C. last week and met with some staffers on Capitol Hill.  You may have heard about what happened as I know there were people from AATSP there.  Here's a quick recap of what happened.  In November a new America's Language Caucus was formed in the House to ensure that language programs are monitored and funded.  Advocates are asking members of the house to join this caucus.  Last year the World Language Advancement and Readiness Act was passed but now it needs to be funded.  The key to that program is there must be ROTC or some kind of military program to receive the $15M grant money each year for 3 years with the caveat being that 75% of the funds must go toward developing and sustaining programs of languages that are critical to national defense (we don't know what they are as that list is classified).  Last year the BEST Act to help with creating/sustaining state seals of biliteracy was introduced.  We're still asking the House to support it and the Senate to co-sponsor a companion bill that is planned to be introduced last week.  The last ask was the World Language Teacher Student Debt Reduction Act.  It proposes increasing the debt forgiveness cap from $5,000 to $17,500 so language teachers are on par with STEM and SPED because there is a teacher shortage and we are the content area with the oldest population of teachers and are going to be retiring in waves soon.
by T. Beeman
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Let Your Voice Be Heard! 1 T. Beeman Thank you, Tom, for submitting this valuable information. Some states, like California, are progressing nicely with adoption of the new framework in language teaching. Let’s do our share as professionals to become informed in order to advocate in this initiative.
by A. Aloia
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
9-12 Committee Report for Publication 2019 0 C. Flax Attention 9-12 High School teachers!
by C. Flax
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Sign In

Latest News