Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In
Community Search
Calendar

8/22/2019 » 8/24/2019
2019 Language Policy and Planning Conference

8/28/2019
Webinar: Effectively Serving Immigrant and Dual Language Learner Families through Home Visiting ...

8/30/2019 » 9/2/2019
International Conference on Integrationism

8/31/2019
CFP: Fifth Saarbrücken Conference on Foreign Language Teaching

AATSP Chapter Forum
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
CFP (due 5/15/19) AATSP Biennial Northeast Regional Conference 0 M. Vetterling     AATSP 12thBiennial Northeast Regional Conference   Justicia para todos: el pueblo, los animales y el planeta/ Justiça para todos: o povo, os animais e o planeta   Call for Papers   Proposal Deadline:May 15, 2019   We are soliciting proposals for 20-minute presentations on topics of interest to teacher/scholars of Spanish and/or Portuguese in the following areas: Literature, film, culture, linguistics, pedagogy, environmental issues, emigration/immigration, Latinx Studies, and Transatlantic Studies.    Your proposal should include the title of your paper and a brief (150 word) summary, plus your professional affiliation, email and a phone number where we could reach you.   Please note the dates listed below.   Other formats, such as workshops, lectures or panels are also welcome.    Language/s of Presentation:Spanish, Portuguese and/or English   All presenters must be members of the AATSP (http://www.aatsp.org)   Please fill out by May 15, 2019, the attached proposal form and send it to the Co-Chairs: Joy Renjilian-Burgy (Wellesley College): joy.renjilianburgy@wellesley.edu Mary-Anne Vetterling (Regis College): MAV@regiscollege.edu/ paintrock@aol.com   Conference Dates:Friday & Saturday September 27 & 28, 2019 Conference Location:Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA, 02481 Publication: Selected papers will be included in a conference proceedings volume to be published after the conference. _______________________________________________________________________   The first AATSP Biennial Northeast Regional Conference took place at Yale University in 1984. Subsequent conferences have been held at the University of Massachusetts, Saint Anselm College / University of New Hampshire, Fordham University, Drew University, Regis College / Wellesley College, the University of Rhode Island / Brown University, to name a few.    Keynote speakers have included Jose Saramago, Elena Poniatowska, Gustavo Pérez-Firmat, and Esmeralda Santiago.   AATSP 12thBiennial Northeast Regional Conference: Proposal Form   Justicia para todos: el pueblo, los animales y el planeta/ Justiça para todos: o povo, os animais e o planeta ________________________________________________________________________   Email your completed form by May 15, 2019, to co-chairs  Joy Renjilian-Burgy & Mary-Anne Vetterling: joy.renjilianburgy@wellesley.edu MAV@regiscollege.edu &  paintrock@aol.com ________________________________________________________________________     Name: (First name) ______________________(Last name)__________________________   Professional Affiliation: __________________________________________________   Address: (Street): _______________________________________________________        (City): _____________________________(State): _____ (Zip):________________   Phone: (Work) _________________________(Cell): ___________________________   Email: ________________________________________________________________   Title of Presentation: ____________________________________________________   Title of Workshop: ______________________________________________________   Category/ Categories: Please check all that apply:   _____Literature                        _____Film                              _____Culture _____Linguistics                     _____Pedagogy                      _____Environmental Issues _____Latinx Studies        _____Assessment                         _____Emigration/Immigration   _____Transatlantic Studies    _____Other (Please explain)    Audience: Please check all that apply:  _____ Secondary                            _____ University   Language of presentation (check all that apply): _____Spanish                                    _____Portuguese                        _____English   Audiovisual Requests:    Brief (approximately 150 words) summary of your proposed presentation (Content / Format):
by M. Vetterling
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Dissertation study 0 J. Coda Dear World Language Educator,   My name is James Coda and I am a doctoral candidate in the Department of Language and Literacy Education at the University of Georgia. I am conducting a research study that will examine the experiences of Southeastern LGBTQ-identified World Language Educators in their classrooms and schools.     You have been invited to participate due to your current teaching of World Languages in the K-12 classroom. You must consider yourself a member of the LGBTQ community and reside within the Southeastern United States in order to participate.       If you are interested in participating, please sign and return the attached consent form. After I receive the signed consent form, you will receive a link to take a pre-interview questionnaire. Following the completion of the pre-interview questionnaire, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.  Please note that if you email this consent form to me from a work email address, this could be subject to open records requests. There also may be risk associated with breach of confidentiality, such as interception of the consent form through third parties. To mitigate this risk, it is suggested that you utilize personal email in addition to your personal computer to reduce the chance of confidentiality breaching   If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at jec37307@uga.edu.   If you are not interested in participating in this study, please disregard any future emails pertaining to this research study.   Thank you for your time.   James Coda PhD Candidate and Graduate Teaching Assistant TESOL and World Language Education Department of Language and Literacy Education College of Education University of Georgia 301F Aderhold Hall Athens, GA 30602 Principal Investigator: Dr. Melisa Cahnmann-Taylor    
by J. Coda
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
prefixes and suffixes 0 N. Khan-Roberts (Khan) Hola. Does anyone have any resources to share (preferably free) for teaching prefixes and suffixes to high school Spanish students? The goal is to help students use prefixes and suffixes to figure out word meaning when they have not seen the vocabulary word. I appreciate it!
by N. Khan-Roberts (Khan)
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Looking for an web-based program for summer homework 0 Calvary Christian High School Hello all, I'm looking for an online web-based system that we could use to assign some summer homework to students that is also teacher-account controlled. I would like the system to have components by unit that I could assign to the students. I'd like the students to have to work through several elements in a unit, such as videos, flashcards, practice quizzes, etc. that would be self-graded, but that both teacher and student could see students' progress and scores via his/her own accounts. Has anyone had any luck with finding a system such as this? Thank you for your input, Lisa Clarke
by Calvary Christian High School
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
AATSP 2017 conference 2 E. Rigby Hi, I'm going to the AATSP conference this year. I'm looking for a person to share the cost of renting an apartment for 1 or 2 weeks.
by M. Cabrera
AATSP conference 2018 roommate 0 M. Cabrera Hi,  I will be attending the AATSP conference in Salamanca Spain and I'm looking for a person that would be interested in sharing the cost of renting an apartment for 1 or 2 weeks. I'm also planning to visit others European cities like Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, London, Florence, etc. Write me back if interested, Thanks
by M. Cabrera
Spanish Teachers Profiles in the US 0 E. Gironzetti Dear Colleague, We are conducting a study to know more about the professional profile of Spanish teachers in the US who are or have been teaching Spanish to heritage learners. To this end, we developed an online questionnaire that will allow us to know more about the needs and experience of current and past teachers of Spanish in the US. If you are or have been teaching Spanish in the US at any education level and in any educational context, we invite you to complete the online questionnaire in your language of choice (Spanish or English). The questionnaire in English is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HJ-T9r6EJkTGemLKN2rqamVPEq39-etHfJKuXN3UXBI.   The questionnaire in Spanish is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PxQt33SUvvaxVAZLXaRWLofiR_fowk5mYFxj20WIK6o. The whole questionnaire should take about 10 minutes of your time to complete. Please, feel free to forward this message to any other colleague that might be interested in participating. Thank you in advance for your participation.  Elisa & Flavi
by E. Gironzetti
Friday, December 15, 2017
AATSP Chapters - Rural Locations 2 Tracy Miller B. Carrasquel,That is unfortunate that there are minimal chapters for future teachers. Support would be helpful to everyone especially new teachers.
by J. Nihiser
Monday, May 1, 2017
Spanish position open at Chandler High School 0 S. Wyffels We have a Spanish teaching position open at Chandler High School, in the best district in the state!  Please apply as soon as possible here: http://ww2.chandler.k12.az.us/page/228   Thank you!
by S. Wyffels
Friday, June 10, 2016
Sign In

Latest News