APPLICATION DEADLINE: Saturday, December 31, 2016 for attendance at the 2017 AATSP Conference
The AATSP offers two Junior-Senior Faculty Mentor Travel Stipends for a joint project submitted by a team composed of a junior faculty member and a senior faculty member.
The junior faculty member must be a first-time attendee at an AATSP conference.
Joint projects can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- a joint presentation at the AATSP conference
- joint attendance at the conference to attend sessions and/or workshops to learn something new that can be used to enhance the teaching and learning of Spanish and/or Portuguese within their department or school.
- joint attendance at the conference to attend sessions and/or workshops to learn something new to be applied to their research that should result in a new publication
- Both the Senior Faculty Member and the Junior Faculty Member must be members of the AATSP at the time of application and for the conference year
- Both the Senior Faculty Member and the Junior Faculty Member must be teachers of Spanish and/or Portuguese, K-12 or in a post-secondary setting.
- The Junior Faculty Member must be a first-time attendee at an AATSP conference
- AATSP members are eligible to receive only one of the following: a summer scholarship OR a Conference Attendee Travel Stipend OR a Junior-Senior Faculty Mentor Travel Stipend OR the Travel Stipend for Research Abroad.
Click here to download the Junior-Senior Faculty Mentor Application Form in Word Format. Fill in, save, and then send as an attachment in an email.
- All materials must be submitted via e-mail with attachments.
- Submit one copy of each of the following items:
A. Completed Application Form that includes:
A description of the joint project
An explanation of how attendance at the AATSP conference relates to the joint project
Plans for disseminating information and ideas received at the AATSP conference
B. Curriculum vitae or resume from both the Senior Faculty Member and the
Junior Faculty Member. Maximum two-pages in length each.
Responsibilities of Winners
- Both the Senior Faculty Member and the Junior Faculty Member must participate in the joint project. Only the Junior Faculty Member receives the $500 travel stipend to attend the AATSP conference.
- Winners must attend the entire AATSP Conference including special events.
- Winners must stay in the AATSP Conference Hotel for the duration of the conference.
- Both the Senior Faculty Member and the Junior Faculty Member must attend the annual Awards Banquet to be recognized as a recipient of the Junior-Senior Faculty Mentor Travel Stipend. The Awards Banquet will be held during the AATSP Conference in Chicago, Illinois on Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- After the Conference, the Junior Faculty Member must submit receipts for personal, conference-related expenses (transportation, hotel, conference registration, and meals) for up to $500.00 to Roberta Miller, Director of Financial Services, by August 15, 2017.
DEADLINE: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Send completed form and materials via e-mail to:
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: AATSP Scholarship Application