PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINARS
As Professional Partners, the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese and Santillana USA work together to provide
AATSP members with professional development opportunities.
During the academic year AATSP and Santillana USA offer webinars on current topics of interest to instructors of Spanish. These webinars help instructors create new curricular offerings, utilize new instructional strategies, and design new assessments. In addition, the webinars present up-to-date information on standards, education policies, and national trends as they relate to the teaching of Spanish.
Two NEW professional development opportunities:
October 13 & 14 Webinar: Culturally Inclusive Practices for the Spanish Classroom
October 24 & 27 Webinar: Turn on language learning for students by using technology they already have
Recent webinar topics have included the following:
Spanish Instruction and the Common Core Standards:
The Implications for K-12 Spanish Teaching and Learning
Common Core Text Complexity in Spanish: Is Not As "Complex” As It Seems!
Common Core and the World Language Classroom:
Shifting into High Gear with Nonfiction
Reading in the K-12 World Language Classroom: Part 1
Reading in the K-12 World Language Classroom: Part 2
What Can You Do with the Can-Do Statements
Virtual Interactions Foster Cultural and Linguistic Competency
Note: Because school district firewalls are so high, it is recommended to enter your personal email address when registering for the webinar to receive access information in a timely manner.
Generally, the same webinar will be offered four times: once in the morning and once in the afternoon on two different dates of the selected month. Participants can choose one of the following most convenient times:
- 10:00am – 11:00am Eastern Time;
[9:00am-10:00am Central; 8:00am-9:00am Mountain; 7:00am-8:00am Pacific]
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Eastern Time;
[3:00pm-4:00pm Central; 2:00pm-3:00pm Mountain; 1:00pm-2:00pm Pacific]
Language of Webinar: Spanish / English
Length of Webinar: 60 minutes
Target Audience: K-12 and Post-Secondary Spanish and Portuguese teachers; world language method instructors, supervisors and other administrators.
|| WEBINAR PRICING
||EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION PRICE
||LATE REGISTRATION PRICE
|2016 AATSP Member
Non AATSP Member
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- AATSP MEMBERS must sign in to receive the AATSP-member pricing.
- Payment by credit card must be completed upon registering.
- You will receive an email confirmation for your registration payment. Once the registration payment is processed, refunds cannot be granted.
- Approximately two days before the webinar, you will receive an email message providing a password to access the webinar along with other instructions. If you do not receive the password, please check your JunkMail folder. The email message will be from email@example.com