Summer Study-Abroad Programs
The application period will open in Fall 2009 for the 2010 Summer Scholarships and Travel Stipends.
AATSP Summer Study-Abroad Scholarship program funds are two-part and consist of
- Funds for tuition and other expenses for study-abroad programs in Costa Rica, Mexico or Spain. These funds vary by program and are explained in detail under the name of the program.
- AATSP travel allowance for study program
a.$750 for Costa RicaNOTE: The travel allowance is designed to help offset travel to the study program. It will probably not cover all travel expenses.
b.$750 for Mexico
c.$750 for Spain
Disbursement of funds
- Recipients receive tuition and other waivers directly from the study program (see program descriptions for specifics)
- Upon return from the scholarship experience, recipients must submit the following to AATSP in order to receive the $750 travel allowance
a. A brief written summary of their scholarship experience, detailing the program and how they will utilize what they learned in their classes
b. Travel reimbursement request along with appropriate receipts
Eligibility for AATSP Scholarships
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- AATSP member for three consecutive years
- Full-time Spanish teacher (K-16) for three years
- Contract for teaching Spanish for academic year following scholarship experience
- Members are eligible for scholarship one time only
- Complete the application form stating the program to which you are applying.
- Submit the following application materials via email with attachments:
a. Completed application form
b. Current CV or resume
c. One letter of recommendation from a professional colleague or administrator
Download application form:2010 Application form will be posted here when the application period opens.
Send completed form and materials via e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: AATSP Scholarship Application
The application period will open in Fall 2009 for the 2010 Summer Scholarships and Travel Stipends. Details will be posted here when the application period opens.
- AATSP members are eligible to receive either a summer scholarship or a First-Time Attendee Travel Stipend, but not both.
- The scholarships will be presented at the Awards Banquet during the Annual Conference of the AATSP to be held in Guadalajara, Mexico July 10-13, 2010. Each scholarship winner is expected to be in attendance at the banquet to accept the award unless s/he can provide documentation that the Awards Banquet conflicts with the travel and study/research.