AATSP Travel Stipend for Research Abroad
Description of the Stipend
The AATSP Travel Stipend for Research Abroad provides $1,000.00 for travel to and study/research in a Luso-Brazilian or Hispanic country with a given proposal or goal in mind.
Eligibility for the AATSP Travel Stipend for Research Abroad
- Eligibility is extended to anyone who has been a student member of the AATSP for two years and anyone who has been a regular member for three years.
- The travel and research/study abroad must be completed by December 31, 2017.
- Preference will be given to applicants without experience traveling or living in a Luso-Hispanic country.
- The term "study" in the name of the stipend does not mean that the winner is required to enroll in a course in an institution of higher learning or any sort of school, although that may be the case.
- The term "research” in the name of the stipend does not mean that the winner will need to conduct research leading to publication although that may be the case.
- AATSP members are eligible to receive only one of the following: a summer scholarship OR a Conference Attendee Travel Stipend OR a Junior-Senior Faculty Mentor Travel Stipend OR the Travel Stipend for Research Abroad.
Guidelines for submitting an application
Click here to download the application form for the Travel Stipend for Research Abroad
All application materials must be submitted via e-mail with attachments.
Submit one copy of each of the following items:
- Completed application form.
- Summary of project. Provide a brief summary explaining the main topic or point of interest for your study/research project; the summary should not exceed 50 words.
- One-to-two page description of the study or research project detailing proposed benefits to the individual. Lengthier proposals will not be considered.
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (sent under separate cover directly from the person writing the recommendation).
Responsibilities of the Award Recipient
1. Scholarship winners will be acknowledged at the Awards Banquet during the AATSP Conference to be held in Chicago, Illinois on Saturday, July 8, 2017. We understand that you may not be able to attend the Awards Banquet because it conflicts with your travel and study/research.
2. Within 30 days after the travel and research/study is completed, winners must submit receipts for travel and/or research related expenses (transportation, lodging, and meals) for up to $1000.00 to Roberta Miller, Director of Financial Services.
Deadline: Saturday, December 31, 2016
Send completed form and materials via e-mail to:
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: AATSP Scholarship Application