2016 Poster Contest
Abre puertas con el español –
Abra portas com
Each year the
AATSP sponsors the Poster Contest that is open to K—12 Spanish and Portuguese students whose teachers are current AATSP
members. The posters are a demonstration
of student understanding of the importance and uses of learning new languages
and an excellent project for Hispanic Heritage Month and Foreign Language
- Encourages cross-curriculum collaboration (social studies, art,
- Encourages discussion of language study
- Promotes creative thinking
- Celebrates visual learners
- Celebrates artistic expression
- Verbalizes appreciation for other languages
- Is a great program advocacy tool
- Provides student recognition
- Is an excellent way to engage the enthusiasm of our students!
*Contact your AATSP Chapter for Chapter Contest
deadlines and information.
National Poster Contest Deadline: April
Teachers of winning students will be notified by the end of May 2016.
Additional information about
the AATSP 2016 Poster Contest: