The AATSP Outstanding Service Award is given to a member in good standing of the Association who has made outstanding service contributions to the Association. A $500 honorarium for the winner teacher accompanies this award.
- Candidates for this award must be a member in good standing of the AATSP.
- Selection criteria include holding leadership positions within the Association and/or one of its chapters, serving as a chair or member of important Association committees, writing for or editing Association publications, and/or representing the Association in a national or international capacity.
- Individuals who have received this award previously are not eligible to receive this award again and should not apply.
- Current members of the AATSP Board of Directors as well as directors, coordinators and editors of AATSP programs and publications are not eligible to compete for this award.
1. Nominations may be submitted by any AATSP member in good standing, including self-nominations.
2. Nomination materials must include the following:
a. Completed Awards Application Form (DOC)
b. A current curriculum vitae (resume).
c. Evidence to support the following selection criteria:
- holding leadership positions within the AATSP and/or one of its chapters
- serving as a chair or member of important AATSP committees
- writing for or editing AATSP publications
- and/or representing the AATSP in a national or international capacity
3. At least two, but no more than five, letters of recommendation which may include letters from administrators, colleagues, or other significant references.
4. All nomination materials must be submitted in electronic format and sent via e-mail. E-mail all materials to:
E-mail address: AATSPoffice@aatsp.org
Subject Line: Name of Nominee and the Award applying for
Deadline: Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Winners will be be notified by late May 2016.
- The AATSP Outstanding Service Award will be presented at the Awards Banquet to be held on Sunday, July 10, 2016, during the AATSP Conference in Miami, Florida.
- The winner of the Outstanding Service Award is expected to be in attendance at the banquet to accept the award.