The Maria Isabel Abreu Award is given for the best research article on the teaching of Portuguese as a foreign language. A $500 honorarium accompanies this award.
- All articles published after January 1, 2011 written in Portuguese, Spanish or English, on the subject of teaching Portuguese as a foreign language are eligible for consideration for the award. Special consideration will be given for articles published in the journal Hispania.
- All nominated authors must be AATSP members in good standing at the time of publication of their article and nomination for the award.
- Nominations, including self-nominations may be submitted by any member of the AATSP.
- Nominations must include
A current curriculum vitae (resume)
- A letter of nomination explaining why the article should receive the award as the best research article on the teaching of Portuguese for the time period in question
- Name(s) of the author(s) of the article along with complete contact information for the author(s)
- Complete bibliographic citation for the nominated article along with one of the following: (1) information on how to access the article on-line; OR (2) a digital version of the article sent as an e-mail attachment.
All nominations must be submitted in electronic format and sent via e-mail.
- The Maria Isabel Abreu Award will be presented at the Awards Banquet to be held
on Monday, July 9, 2012 during the AATSP Conference in San Juan, PR. The winner is
expected to be in attendance at the banquet to accept the award.
E-mail all materials to:
Subject Line: Name of Nominee and the Award applying for
Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (midnight)