WORKSHOP - 3 hours or 6 hours
- Workshops are 3 hours (half day) or 6 hours (full day) in length and treat topics in more depth than is possible during a 30- or 75-minute session. Topics can include the teaching and learning of language, literature, linguistics and/or culture of the Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking world.
- Workshops can have one to three presenters.
- Attendees pay an additional fee to attend the workshop and expect to receive an in-depth treatment of the topic and handouts to use as classroom resources.
- Workshops should be interactive and allow the attendees time to practice the concepts and ideas presented.
- Only a limited number of workshop proposals are accepted each year.
AUDIO VISUAL INFORMATION
Data Projector and Screen. The AATSP will provide a data projector and screen in each conference meeting room where presentations take place; there is no cost to presenters for this equipment.
Computers. Each presenter is responsible for providing his/her own computer for the presentation.
Apple Computer Users. In order to connect an Apple computer to a data projector, users must bring the Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter to connect to a standard input. Adapters will not be provided or available at the conference.
Internet Access. The AATSP will provide complimentary internet access in each conference meeting room.
Some AV Equipment not available. The following equipment is not available for use during the conference: overhead projectors, slide projectors, CD or video players, computer speakers, cables, or adapters.
LANGUAGE USED IN PROPOSAL AND PRESENTATION
The language used in conference proposals indicate the language of the actual presentation or paper that will be given. As you prepare your proposal, remember to use the same language for the session title and description and then give your presentation or paper in that same language. EXAMPLE: If your title is written in English, then your description must be in English and your actual presentation must be given in English. Likewise, if your title and description are written in Portuguese, the presentation will be given in Portuguese. Even though the title and description are written in one language, examples in other languages may be used.