AATSP 2013 Poster Contest Theme
Aprender idiomas es disfrutar otros mundos /
Aprender línguas é desfrutar outros mundos
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS CLOSED ON MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Each year the AATSP sponsors a poster contest for students enrolled in Spanish or Portuguese. New this year is the inclusion of grades 9-12. The 2013 contest is open to all Spanish and Portuguese students grades K-12 of current AATSP member teachers. The posters are a demonstration of student understanding of the importance and uses for learning new languages. The poster is also an excellent project for Hispanic Heritage Month and Foreign Language Celebrations!
The AATSP Poster Contest …
- Encourages discussion of language study
- Promotes creative thinking
- Celebrates visual learners
- Celebrates artistic expression
- Verbalizes appreciation for other languages
- Encourages cross-curriculum collaboration (social studies and art)
- Is a great program advocacy tool
- Provides student recognition
- Is an excellent way to engage the enthusiasm of our students!
Poster Contest Deadline: April 1, 2013
Posters must be received by the National Coordinator by April 1, 2013.
Teachers of winning studentswill be notified by the end of May 2013.
Contact your AATSP Chapter for chapter contest deadlines and information.
Additional information about the AATSP 2013 Poster Contest:
Winners of the 2013 Poster Contest (pdf)
View the 2013 Winners
Winners of the 2012 ELL Poster Contest (pdf)
View the 2012 Winners
Winners of the 2010 FLES Poster Contest (pdf)
View the 2010 Winners
Winners of the 2009 FLES Poster Contest (doc)
Winners of the 2008 FLES Poster Contest (doc)
Winners of the 2007 FLES Poster Contest (doc)
Winners of the 2006 FLES Poster Contest (doc)
Winners of the 2005 FLES Poster Contest (doc)