The AATSP offers ten (10) First-Time-Attendee Travel Stipends that are distributed in two categories. Five (5) stipends are available for current faculty members and five (5) stipends are available for graduate students. If one of the two categories falls short in the number of qualified applications received, then the Selection Committee may make additional awards to the remaining category. Note: AATSP members are eligible to receive either a summer scholarship or a First-Time Attendee Travel Stipend, but not both. Graduate Students
(Regular Members) Up to five stipends of $500 each for Regular Members to help defer expenses to attend the AATSP Conference. Stipend recipients will represent various geographic regions and levels of instruction. Faculty
(Regular Members) Up to five stipends of $500 each to help defer expenses to attend the AATSP Conference. Stipend recipients will represent various geographic regions and levels of instruction. Eligibility
- Member of the AATSP at the time of application and for the Annual Meeting year
- Teacher of Spanish and/or Portuguese, K-16
- First-time attendee at an AATSP Annual Meeting
All materials must be submitted via e-mail with attachments.
Submit one copy of each of the following items:
A. Completed Application Form
(available for downloading in Fall, 2010) that includes information about
- Your teaching experience;
- Current position and classes taught;
- A statement of your teaching goals and how attendance at the Annual Meeting will help you meet those goals;
- A brief plan for how you will share ideas from the AATSP Conference with colleagues.
- Signature of a supervisor who verifies your
a. employment status (for faculty members)
b. OR graduate status (for graduate students).
(curriculum vitae or resume) Maximum two-pages in length Responsibilities
- The award will be presented at the Awards Banquet during the Annual Meeting of the AATSP to be held in Gudalajara, Mexico July 10-13, 2010. The winner is expected to be in attendance at the banquet to receive the award.
- After the Annual Meeting, submission of receipts for expenses totaling at least $500 (transportation, hotel, conference registration, and meals) to Roberta Miller, Director of Financial Services, by August 15 following the meeting.
The next application period will open in Fall 2009 for the 2010 Summer Scholarships and Travel Stipends. SEND MATERIALS TO:
SUBJECT LINE: AATSP Scholarship Application