AATSP Seeks Managing Editor of Hispania
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) is seeking a Managing Editor for its highly acclaimed academic journal Hispania,
Since the journal maintains a virtual office, the majority of the work can be completed on-line and in any location with a reliable Internet connection. The position offers flexible hours and carries a three-year contract beginning July 1, 2010 and ending June 30, 2012 with a possibility for renewal. The Managing Editor of Hispania is a part-time, contracted position with a flat rate fee without benefits. The selected candidate for the position will need to be available in June 2010 for training for the position. The Managing Editor is appointed by the Executive Council of the AATSP and reports to the Editor-in-Chief of Hispania. The Managing Editor will be reviewed annually.
The ideal candidate must work well independently and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with the editorial processes and procedures of a scholarly journal
- Experience with the production of a scholarly journal and a digital publication process
- Experience with on-line submission and tracking of manuscripts
- B.A. in a field related to one of the languages of the journal preferred
- Proficiency in English and Spanish required; proficiency in Portuguese highly desired.
- Copy-editing and proofing experience
- Experience with the MLA Style Manual 3e highly desired
The Managing Editor is responsible for the oversight of the processes related to the publication of each issue of the journal. The responsibilities can be placed into two major categories: (1) Administration and supervision of the on-line submission and review process and (2) Responsibilities related to the quarterly production of the journal.
Visit http://www.aatsp.org/ for additional information.
To apply for this position send a cover letter, recent resume or curriculum vitae, and a list of at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for a phone interview, please submit materials no later than Monday, March 15, 2010. Phone interviews will begin in late March 2010. The position will remain open until a candidate has been selected.