12/31/2017
Deadline: AATSP Conference Attendee Travel Stipends

Día de los muertos
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/19/2014 at 11:28:16 PM GMT
Día de los muertos
;

Día de los muertos is such a great opportunity to talk about indigenous culture and worldview in Mexico.

The second video is a beautifully animated, and heart felt, short film about a little girl who visits the land of the dead, where she learns the true meaning of the Mexican holiday, Dia de los Muertos.
Student Academy Award Gold Medal winner, 2013

In what ways do you introduce the celebration?  What are activities you use with your classes?

Last edited Saturday, July 19, 2014
12/11/2016 at 4:16:54 AM GMT
I always introduce the Day of the dead with a powerpoint describing what the holiday is and how it is celebrated around the world. I also like to show how the calaveras de azucar are made and this year I had students make marigolds out of tissue paper!

12/12/2016 at 2:58:52 AM GMT
Day of the Dead Animated Short
I recently did a lesson on Day of the Dead and I used that same CGI Animated Short to build schema for the students! They thought it was really cute. I like that it helped give them a glimpse of how people celebrate the holiday and how it looks. 

5/15/2017 at 6:53:27 PM GMT
I love the video by the CGI brothers for Dia de Los Muertos. It really dispells the pre-conception that the Day of the Dead is something scary. It also gives a great connection to everyday life.

Sign In
Sign In securely
Latest News