12/31/2017
Deadline AATSP Study-Abroad Scholarship Application

Feliz nuevo año escolar
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/19/2014 at 11:54:08 PM GMT
Feliz nuevo año escolar

¡Feliz año nuevo!

What are some fun activities you incorporate to begin the school year?

Last edited Monday, August 17, 2015
8/7/2014 at 10:08:55 PM GMT
In order to practice classroom objects vocabulary I've had my students make sales ads for a BAck to School sale in Spanish.

8/11/2014 at 12:48:57 AM GMT
A fun way to practice classroom object words is to put objects such as a pencil, scissors, etc in a bucket. Have the students sit in a circle and take out one object at a time. Pass it around the circle and each person says the word as they pass it.
TPR is a great way to teach and practice classroom object words with some simple commands such as "write your name with the pencil", "write your name with the red crayon" etc. Then you'll be able to give these types of commands in the target language.

9/15/2014 at 2:10:32 PM GMT
Great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!

8/18/2015 at 12:19:06 AM GMT
¡Feliz 2015!

¡Feliz año nuevo!

As we begin a new school year, there are various methods to setting the routine. How do you begin the year? Do you lay out the rules first? Do you play 'ice-breaker' games? Share!

11/13/2016 at 5:19:06 PM GMT
Hola!
I like the idea of using TPRS® to practice classroom vocabulary along with classroom rules. The examples above are easy to follow, and fun. Students always appreciate to learn a useful phrase that they understand, and one that they can use with their friends in context. For example: Open your book, Take a piece of paper, Sit down, etc. All phrases that are easy to teach with TPRS®

11/15/2016 at 5:12:56 PM GMT
At the beginning of the school year I love to teach cognates for Spanish 1 Students. I think that it really makes them feel that they know the Spanish language. I give them readings that are full of Spanish -English cognates! I also like to show them some of the most fun activities so that they will be interested in the language.

11/15/2016 at 5:13:01 PM GMT
At the beginning of the school year I love to teach cognates for Spanish 1 Students. I think that it really makes them feel that they know the Spanish language. I give them readings that are full of Spanish -English cognates! I also like to show them some of the most fun activities so that they will be interested in the language.

11/15/2016 at 5:13:03 PM GMT

11/15/2016 at 5:13:05 PM GMT

Sign In
Sign In securely
Latest News