2nd Annual FERIA Partnership Conference
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Time: 8:30AM – 2:00PM
Theme: “Supporting Latino Families’ Culture & Language: Building Bridges to the Future”
Featured Speaker: Diana Pastora Carson, M.Ed., Educator, Author, Consultant & Inspirational Speaker, specializing in Disability: Inclusion and Diversity as related to disability.
Conference Offerings:The top parental involvement transformational practitioners from around the state and local school districts will offer presentations demonstrating evidence-based research practices, strategies and applications that will result in increased parental involvement, high expectations and achievement for all students (Cradle to College). There will also be a series of workshops provided in Spanish and simultaneous translators in English at the workshops as well as the general session. A Professional Strand will be offered to teachers working with Special Education English Learners, K-Adult. In addition, an invitational high school Student Leadership Strand will be offered.
Location: Southwestern Community College, 900 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista
Targeted Audience: Designed for Spanish speaking Latino parents with children with special needs and educators working with special education English Learners in a general and/or special education setting, educators, administrators as well as support staff (K-Community College/University). University graduate students enrolled in the San Diego State University, Adelante Project and local Universities are invited to attend.
- The Department of Special Education SDSU
- Adelante Project, SDSU
- Southwestern Community College
- Southern Area International Languages Network (SAILN), SDSU
- Dual Language and English Learner Program, SDSU
- Parents Institute for Quality Education (PIQE)
- San Diego Unified School District
- South County SELPA
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities, San Diego, Imperial Office
- Sweetwater Union High School District/Special Education Department
- San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
- Disability Rights California
- Team of Advocates for Special Kids (TASK)
- Molina Health Care
- Azusa Pacific College and the California Southern Optimist Clubs (15)
- Exceptional Family Resource Center
- Local community organizations and agencies.
Follow us on Twitter @FERIA_SDSU