CUALHE 2016 Annual Meeting and Conference
Consortium on Useful Assessment in Language and Humanities Education
2016 Annual Meeting and Conference
University of Notre Dame
The Consortium on Useful Assessment in Language and Humanities Education (CUALHE) is an interinstitutional collaborative effort that aims to share and to enhance assessment practices developed by college language and humanities programs and to develop a cadre of scholars who can serve as assessment experts/facilitators. The aim of the Consortium to foster a culture of reflective teaching in higher education and to support research into student learning, thereby making useful assessment a regular part of the academic modus operandi.
The goals of the annual meeting and conference are: (a) to provide a forum for those working on outcomes assessment (and related endeavors) to present and exchange ideas, and (b) to enable strategic planning of the Consortium organization and activities.
Click here to visit the event website.
CUALHE 2016 is seeking proposals for paper presentations, panel discussions, roundtables, colloquia, or other session formats that address any of the following topics:
The purposes, goals, and values of student learning outcomes (SLO) assessment
- Contexts for outcomes assessment: community colleges, undergraduate/graduate programs, employment/professions
- Assessing learning & outcomes at distinct points in college education, e.g.:
- The first year experience and the language requirement
- The minor and the major
- Study abroad
- The future professoriate
- Outcomes assessment of diverse knowledge, skills, and dispositions, e.g.:
- Cultural (e.g., intercultural competence, historical knowledge)
- Humanistic (e.g., literary interpretation, critical thinking, aesthetic capacity)
- Linguistic (e.g., proficiency, four skills, complexity/accuracy/fluency)
- Integration of the above (e.g., genre or task abilities, professional competencies)
Deadline for proposal submissions is June 5, 2016.
View the full call for proposals at https://www.sites.google.com/site/cualhe2016/submission