18th MwALT conference
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
MwALT 2016 Call for Papers
Policy and Practice in Language Testing and Assessment
Proposal Submission Due Date: June 13, 2016
The 18th Annual MwALT Conference theme addresses not only the philosophical and ethical aspects of politics and policy-making in relation to language test and assessment, but also the practical concerns regarding development, validation, and administration of assessment methods and procedures as situated within the social, economic, and historical contexts. These concerns may be explored by a range of empirical, practical or theoretical approaches, projects and research methods.
Click here to visit the event website
CALL FOR PAPERS
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS:
1. Papers: Presentations on theoretically-oriented papers or completed research related to the theme of the conference, “Policy and Practice in Language Testing and Assessment.” The presenter will have 20 minutes to present, followed by 10 minutes for questions or comments.
2. Posters: Poster presenters will host their posters and discuss their research with conference participants. Posters may include work-in-progress research.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: In order to be considered, proposals must be received by Monday June 13, 2016. Notification of acceptance and non-acceptance will be sent by Friday July 29, 2016.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS:
- Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words for papers or posters.
- On a separate page, please include the following:
- Title of presentation (10 words maximum);
- Type of presentation (Paper, Poster);
- Name of the authors in the order you would like them to appear in the program book, and their institutional affiliation, including the city and state of the institution. Do not use acronyms when giving institutional affiliations. Underline the name of the author who will be the correspondent;
- E-mail address of correspondent;
- Daytime telephone number of correspondent.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ELECTRONIC MAIL SUBMISSIONS:
All submissions must be sent electronically to MwALT2016@purdue.edu. Attach the abstract as an MS Word or PDF file to an e-mail with the subject header “MwALT Submission – ‘your name’.” Electronic files submitted without your name could become lost.