The International Forum on Language Teaching is a grassroots organization inspired by Dr. Stephen Krashen and dedicated to the study and development of best practices for effective language instruction.
Click here to visit the event's website.
Language Lab Observations
ALL participants will have the opportunity to observe master teachers implementing the best practices of TCI (Teaching with Comprehensible Input) as they teach elementary through high school students, followed by a debriefing session led by master teachers.
Teachers who are new to TPRS/TCI will attend the beginning workshop (with Diana Noonan), along with a team of experienced coaches who will lead you through guided practice each day (Wed. through Fri.).
• Learn how to use questions to engage learners.
• Differentiate instruction through questioning strategies.
• Discover the power of CI for facilitating SLA.
• Use stories as a platform for providing powerful CI.
• Learn how to use guided reading to accelerate the rate of acquisition.
Training for Experienced Teachers
• Learn how to provide compelling comprehensible input in a variety of fresh and innovative ways.
• Build culture-based & content-based units using CI-based strategies.
• Enhance CI through stories and Reader’s Theater.
• Use iPads and other technology as a rich source of CI.Use storytelling and story-asking strategies to help students develop measurable fluency!’
• Learn how to teach upper levels through CI-based strategies embedded in rich authentic literature.
• Learn unique strategies for implementing guided reading in engaging and comprehensible ways.
• See how TPRS fits naturally and powefully into the National Speaking Standard Requirements.
• Discover powerful strategies for engaging and managing elementary students.
• Tweet your way to a rich source of CI and to a powerful 24-7 PLC (professional learning community).
• Become a coach-mentor and learn how to support and guide your department/district to better teaching.
Which conference track is best for me?
Register for BEGINNING if you:
* have NOT consistently been using TPRS/TCI strategies in your classroom for at least one full year.
* have NOT had at least 18 or more hours of previous TPRS/TCI training.
* can not spontaneously and comfortably implement PQA, circle/ask scaffolded questions or ask a story.
* have not received any training within the last 5 years.
Register for BEYOND THE BASICS if:
* TPRS/TCI strategies are part of your daily instruction.
* you have had at least 18 hours of previous training within the last 5 years.
* you can implement PQA, circling, story-asking in different settings and in various contexts.