GALA 2016 Language of Business Conference
Theme: Next-Gen Language Services: Changing Needs, Changing Models
Click here for the Call for Proposals - proposals due 9/30/2015
Next-Gen Language Services: Changing Needs, Changing Models
The language services industry is experiencing a classic market disruption. The business models of yesterday simply do not fit with the demands of today. Corporations are dealing with challenges like tight budgets, short timelines, and the need for real business intelligence to develop globalization and go-to-market strategies. Vendors are coping with shrinking deadlines, new pricing models, and keeping up with technology. Both are contending with changes in consumer behaviors. And freelance linguists feel the impact of these challenges, and more. How can all stakeholders thrive amidst this change? What will next generation language services look like? Is there a way to create synergy and shared success? We welcome proposals from vendor and client professionals who are willing to share new relationship models, strategies for unifying and simplifying systems, and any expert advice related to harmonizing and optimizing translation, interpreting, and localization business models.
TRACKS AND SPECIAL CONCENTRATIONS
The program committee seeks proposals related to topics of importance to our audience. Year after year, participants have ranked the following areas as most critical to them.
- Sales and/or marketing
- Senior management and operations
Additionally, we will devote special programming to the following topics:
- Interpreting and interpreting technologies
- Strategies and business models for corporate buyers of language services and tools
- Short Talks (a.k.a. lightning talks) 20-minute presentations of concepts that stoke conversation, debate, or curiosity.
- Panels: Longer presentations with multiple speakers that address advanced subject matter and provide diverse viewpoints.
- KnowledgeFest Sessions: Long-format roundtable discussions which emphasize peer-to-peer learning and require engagement by all participants. Requires a moderator rather than a speaker.
- Master Class Sessions: 2-hour workshops that present expert-level, practical training in a particular discipline or topic.
GALA's annual Language of Business conferences are advanced educational and networking events where localization leaders discuss best practices and emerging trends in translation, interpreting, localization, and language technologies. The conferences offer an open environment for localization professionals to learn, share, and network.
March 20-23, 2016
New York, New York