CALL FOR PAPERS
5th International Conference on Second Language Pedagogies (SLPC5):
Integrating Language, Literature and Culture
Click here to visit the event website
Dates: May 12 & 13, 2016
Conference Location: University of São Paulo, Brazil
Official Conference Languages: English, French, Portuguese
Submission Deadline for Proposals: September 30, 2015
Acceptances announced by: November 15, 2015
SLPC5 will explore effective and innovative ways to integrate language, literature and culture in today’s second language teaching context. Truly international in scope, SLPC will celebrate its 5th anniversary on the campus of South America’s largest university-the University of São Paulo. For this landmark event, proposals are invited for papers (20 mins), workshops (90 mins) and panels (90 mins, 3-4 presenters) on the following topics as they relate to the teaching of languages, literature and culture. Proposals on additional topics related to the theme of the conference will also be accepted.
- Curriculum and course design to foster cultural competency in language and literature courses
- Multicultural and intercultural theory and practice
- Cultural literacies required to succeed in the 21st century
- Academic literacies; academic writing; textual and oral genres across curricula literacies
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Assessment methodologies in language, literature and culture classes
- Technology in the classroom and beyond
- Community and/or service based learning to promote cultural competency and social inclusion
- Active learning projects in language and literature classes
Abstracts (maximum 300 words) should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30, 2015 using the link on the soon to be available conference site http://slpc5.fflch.br. Participants unable to present in person may submit a proposal for presentation from their location. Access to video conferencing equipment and provision of an IP number will be required.
A limited number of partial funding scholarships will be awarded to graduate student and/or early career academic researchers, based upon a review process of a submitted proposal.
Selected presenters will be invited to submit articles for publication in the SLPC Vol. 2 Proceeding. Articles will undergo a double blind peer review selection process.
Contact the SLPC5 organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org