AAUSC - ACTFL Travel/Professional Development Grant
Click here to read this announcement on the AAUSC website.
The goals of the American Association of University Supervisors and Coordinators (AAUSC) are to:
- strengthen and improve foreign language curricula and instruction at the university level;
- strengthen professional development programs for teaching assistants/teaching fellows/associate instructors, or their equivalents, hereafter referred to as TAs;
- establish a forum for the exchange of ideas, experiences, and materials among those concerned with TA training; and
- promote research on the training and supervision of TAs.
In keeping with this mission, the AAUSC offers a limited number of travel/professional development grants to members who wish to attend the annual convention of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), which is held each November. The grant covers up to $500 and can be used to pay the conference fee to attend ACTFL, and travel or lodging expenses. Although any current AAUSC member may apply for a grant, priority will be given to members who:
· are new or recent AAUSC members;
· are non-tenure-track language program directors/coordinators;
· will be presenting at the ACTFL convention; or
· otherwise receive limited or no institutional or other support for conference attendance
Grant recipients are required to attend all AAUSC-sponsored sessions at the ACTFL convention and to post a summary of their experiences on the AAUSC website (aausc.org) or Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/aausc.lpd).
Applications letters (1 page maximum) are invited from current AAUSC members (AAUSC Executive Committee members are not eligible to apply). Applicants should state how attendance at the conference might strengthen the applicant’s involvement with AAUSC and how he or she plans to contribute to the organization in the future. The application should also include a budget stating how the money would be used, and give details of other sources of support, if any.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: EXTENDED TO May 15, 2014
AWARDS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY: June 30, 2014
Please send all application letters to the AAUSC President.