A NEW CULTURAL CONCEPTION
La Paz, B.C.S., México. February 23, 24 y 25, 2011
In the context of the globalization, the reflection
and discussion, about the transformation of the frontier regions, a concept of
border zones into areas where a different concept of frontier, identity,
cultural exchanges and a multicultural complex social society, becomes
necessary the study of these concepts must be broached through an
interdisciplinary approach, while still leaving space for a specific and in
depth study of certain factors.
La Universidad de Baja California Sur through The Social Sciences and Humanities Interdisciplinary
Research Program The Border: a new cultural conception, Université Paris, and the Universities belong RIIF. Invites specialists and parties interested in social
sciences, history, anthropology, economics, philosophy, linguistic, literature,
theatre, under a perspective or
interdisciplinary approach, to present a paper (whether through an interdisciplinary or a specific
approach) in one of the following areas:
identity, culture and transculturation in the border area.
2. Border and imaginary collectives.
3. Capital, markets integration and cultural consequences.
Globalization and migration
5. Finances in the border and their impact in social, economic and
6. Geopolitics of borders, human rights and national security in the
7. Ecology, politics and government in the borders.
8. Construction (creation) of material and symbolic borders.
9. History and historiography over borderlands.
10. New faces, new cultures, new borders.
11. Chicano studies.
12. Theory and methodology for the investigation of the border as a new
13. Arts, literature, cinema, theatre and philosophy as new transculturation
14. Studies of gender and borders perspectives.
15. Cultural and linguistic politics in the border.
16. Social movements in the borders.
17. Studies about quality of democracy.
The panel must be formed for a group of four or five
investigators and will be moderated for whom they proposed it.
Each investigator will have 20 minutes for oral
exposition. The panel will have 20 minutes for a round of questions,
Name of the panel and topic in which it is inserted.
(It does not matter if it is not inside the proposed topics, only they have to
follow the thematic limits of the event)
Send a general summary of the table and the summary of
Institution name, and e-mail of the authors.
Name of the moderator.
and paper acceptances
Summaries (at most 500 words) will be received until November 15, including the following
information: author’s name, former institution, name of the topic in which it
is inserted, and E-Mail
full paper (at most 15 doubled spaced pages, 20
min. oral presentation) will be received
before January 17, 2011.
The verdict of
the committee will communicate to the authors to the e-mail that they
indicated, from December 1° to 5, 2010
Official languages: Spanish, English, French
10, 2011: $95 US After that date, the
fee will be $110 US.
Coauthors must pay their subscription
presenting a paper will pay $80 US Before January 10, 2011, After that date,
the fee will be $95 US.
that need certificate need to pay $50 US
The fee includes a welcome reception, a farewell
cocktail a workbook, participant certificate
and a copy of the papers (received before January 17, 2011) in disk
Those interested in participate in the exposition,
presentation and sale books, please let us know to guarantee a space.
Alejandra López Tirado firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dr. José Antonio Sequera: email@example.com