The AATSP Robert G. Mead, Jr. Distinguished Leadership Award is given to an AATSP member in good standing who has shown leadership within in the profession as a whole and who has made scholarly contributions to the profession. A $500 honorarium accompanies this award.
- Candidates for this award must be a member in good standing of the AATSP.
- Selection criteria include holding leadership positions in the AATSP and other language organizations, a record of scholarly presentations (including webinars and other non-conference venues), scholarly publications (articles, book chapters, books), and language teaching materials, all offering clear evidence of a contribution to any area of studies relevant to the AATSP.
- Individuals who have received this award previously are not eligible to receive the award again and should not apply.
- Current AATSP Executive Council members and directors or officers of AATSP programs are not eligible to compete for this award.
1. Nominations may be submitted by any AATSP member in good standing, including self-nominations.
2. Nomination materials should include the following:
a. Completed Awards Application Form (DOC)
b. Current curriculum vitae (resume)
c. Evidence to support the following selection criteria
- leadership positions within the AATSP
- leadership positions in other language organizations
- scholarly presentations including webinars and other non-conference venues
- scholarly publications including articles, book chapters, books
- language teaching materials
3. At least two, but no more than five, letters of recommendation which may include letters from administrators, colleagues, or other significant references.
4. All nomination materials must be submitted in electronic format and sent via e-mail. E-mail all materials to:
E-mail address: AATSPoffice@aatsp.org
Subject Line: Name of Nominee and the Award applying for
Deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Winners will be notified by late May 2013.
- The AATSP Robert G. Mead, Jr. Distinguished Leadership Award will be presented at the Awards Banquet to be held on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 during the AATSP Conference in San Antonio, Texas.
- The winner is expected to be in attendance at the banquet to accept the award.